Cinco De Mayo Trail Run
Posted on 20/03/2018 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Cinco De Mayo Trail Run
Saturday, May 05, 2018Register Now!
Use the code “RACESHED” for 15% OFF!
San Diego’s Best Kept DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!
The 5K and 10K
The challenging and unique courses will take you out on the Lake Poway Trail through the foothills around the lake near Blue Sky Ecological Reserve. The 5K is designed to let you pick your pace. Enjoy it as an elite trail runner, as a challenging family run or simply a gorgeous morning nature hike. The 10K adds to this course — with a grueling out-and-back trek (or up-and-down if we’re being honest) into Blue Sky and a quad-burning +10% climb to the Ramona Dam. Take our advice and start training now!
The Kathy Crafts Young Memorial Kids Race
The Kathy Crafts Young Memorial Kids Race kicks off with a warm-up 15 minutes before the race starts and is perfect for kids 7 and under who aren’t ready to tackle the 5K and the mini-runners who want the fun without the competition! The approximately 1/3-mile course follows a trail on the near-side of Lake Poway and finishes in the same spot as the 10K and 5K — so even the kids enjoy all the fun and festivity of the main finish line. Parents are invited to chaperone their children in this race.
- Professionally chip timed
- More than $1,600 in cash awards
- Male and female age division awards
- Age division medals: Top three in each division both male and female; and top three overall
- New 60+ age division
- Punishing one-of-a-kind 10K
- A 5K option for everyone — pick your pace
- Heroes discount for: firefighters, members of law enforcement and active-duty military
- A non-competitive, fun and easy 1/3-mile Kids Race (for children 7 and under)
- Ribbon for all elementary-age participants
- All participants will receive a race shirt and virtual swag
- Exhibit row: Featuring free sports drinks and energy bars for all runners