Run For Ventura Fundraiser
Posted on 07/12/2017 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Run For Ventura Fundraiser
Thursday, December 21, 2017Register Now!
A fundraiser/virtual 5K for the Thomas Fire Fund brought to you by the Lexus Ventura Marathon, Lexus LaceUp Running Series and Mile 26 Sports.
- Make a GoFundMe donation
- Run a 5K (3.1 miles) anywhere in the world: indoors, outdoors, on a trail, on the road, on a treadmill, on the moon. Participants need to track themselves on a GPS watch, phone app or other tracking device (Garmin watch, Strava, MapMyRun, etc.).
- Take a photo or screenshot of your distance and time from your tracking device.
- Fill out this form by 11:59 p.m. PST on Dec. 21.
- Share to social media using #RunForVentura and #ThomasFireFund
- Prize winners will be announced and results posted on Dec. 22.
Who are we?
This fundraiser was started by the Lexus Ventura Marathon, part of the Lexus LaceUp Running Series, and Mile 26 Sports. We will match the first $2,500 raised.
Are there prizes or medals?
The top donor, fastest woman, and fastest man will recieve a LaceUp prize pack (prize winners must be located within the US), and everyone who submits their 5K result will get a “digital medal.” The minimum donation to qualify for prizes is $25.
Do I need to be in Ventura to participate?
No, you can participate from anywhere in the world.
Can I run more or less than a 5K?
Yes, but only 5K results will qualify for prizing.
Do I need to run to participate?
No, any and all donations are encouraged, but running is fun and good for your health; we encourage it!
Where are donations going?
All proceeds will be donated to the Thomas Fire Fund (set up by The United Way of Ventura County, American Red Cross of Ventura County and the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services).
For any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.