Double Peak Challenge
Posted on 05/07/2018 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Double Peak Challenge
69 days left.
Saturday, September 28, 2019Register Now!
Use the code “RACEGRADER20” for 20% OFF registration!
Off-road racers will set out from San Elijo Hills Neighborhood Park and begin their 1,176 foot gain up to Double Peak’s summit at 1,558 feet above sea level, winding along beautiful hillside trails with amazing views.
Not up for the full 10K? No worries! Double Peak Challenge also offers an awesome 5K course as well as a 200 Meter “Trail” Trot for kids.
Race proceeds will benefit the San Marcos community through two important non-profit organizations: Friends of San Marcos Parks & Recreation and The San Marcos Promise.
- 10K Challenge timed race, 5K untimed run/walk, 200 Meter kids “Trail” Trot
- Race expo and beer garden featuring local San Diego beer, including some of the best from Stumblefoot Brewing and Stone Brewery. Each runner gets 1 FREE BEER! (must bring valid picture ID).
- Special race divisions: Heroes (Police, Fire, Military), Teams (gyms, workplace, families, etc)
- Pre-race cardio stretch and warm-up
- Bring your camera, plenty of killer views for that selfie on course!
- Ample aid stations (3 on 10K, 3 on 5K course)
- Awards: top 3 overall and 3-deep per age category (10K only), plus special award for fastest male and female overall.
- Custom Double Peak Challenge wood “medals” for 5K and 10K finishers. The coolest you’ll get anywhere!