Griffith Park Trail Marathon Relay
Posted on 25/04/2017 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Griffith Park Trail Marathon Relay
Sunday, June 02, 2019Register Now!
Use the code “RaceShed25” for $25 OFF the Marathon Relay.
Are you ready? Grab four of your closest friends, your baton and run 26.2 miles on a scenic course in the heart of Griffith Park.
One of the largest urban parks in the country, Griffith Park is a 4,300-plus acre slice of runner heaven. The grounds include famous sites like the Abandoned Los Angeles Zoo, the Observatory, and the Hollywood Sign. There’s more than 30 trails totaling around 50 miles for runners and hikers. Join us for the Griffith Park Trail Relay Marathon and get a taste of what the second largest city park has to offer.
The terrain is approximately 2/3 packed dirt and 1/3 fire road. Each runner will be running approximately 5.25 miles with a combined distance of 26.25 miles for all 5 runners.
- All participants will receive an ultra-soft, ultra-comfy premium short sleeve women’s or men’s cut t-shirt. (Guaranteed shirt size if you register by May 13!)
- Relay run is chip timed for fast & accurate results.
- $1500 in Cash prizes for the Open division
- Trophy/Plaque for the top 3 teams in each recreational division
- Finisher’s medal for all participants.
- 3 well supported aid stations with medical staff (2 on course, 1 at start/finish)
- Food and refreshments at the start/finish area.
- DJ and music
- Food truck