Rock It El Moro Canyon 6K/10 Miler
Posted on 09/12/2015 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Rock It El Moro Canyon 6K/10 Miler
1 day left.
Saturday, April 11, 2020Register Now!
Use the code “RACESHED10” to take 10% OFF registration!
El Moro Canyon 6K or 10 Miler: Truly awesome ocean views, tough climbs, rolling hills, and even a little singletrack! Run, walk, or hike!
DATE AND SCHEDULE
- Registered runners check-in / bib pick up: 6:45 AM
- 10 Miler begins at 8:00 AM (subject to change). The course must be clear by 11:15, and it’s ok to hike/walk if you can maintain an 18-19 min/mile pace.
- 6K begins at 8:45 AM (subject to change)
- Awards: 9:45 – 10:00 AM (subject to change)
- Pre-race packet pickup will be available on a location TBD. Bibs can also be picked up on race morning.
FEES & INCLUSIONS
- Custom race medal for all participants, high quality shirt, race photos, post-race nutrition.
- RFID / Chip Timing
- Aid stations: 4 on the 10 Miler course and 2 on the 6K course (see course maps for details). To reduce trash on the trails, we do not provide cups and require that all participants carry their own water bottle, hyrdapouch, or hydration pack. The aid stations offer refills of water and Tailwind Nutrition Endurance Fuel. They will also have Honey Stinger energy gels.
AWARDS & PRIZES
- Prizes: Top 3 men and women in the 10 Miler receive cash prizes and custom awards ($150 1st, $75 2nd, $50 3rd). Top 3 men and women in the 6K receive custom awards.
- New course record bonus: $100 for each distance (10 Miler and 6K). Current records are 1:07:17 / 1:16:47, male / female for the 10 Miler and 23:24 / 27:22, male / female for the 6K. Fastest time to break the record wins. If more than one person breaks the records, only the first (fastest) person will be awarded the bonus.
- Top three age group winners (both races, men and women) receive awards. Age groups: Under 9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and older
- Location: Crystal Cove State Park, 8471 North Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92652.
LOCATION & PARKING
- Crystal Cove State Park 8471 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. Parking is in the upper and lower lots of the Moro Canyon area at Crystal Cove (off PCH, see map in link above). Overflow will park at Reef Point which is north of El Moro on PCH. Please give yourself extra time (30 mins) to park and walk to the start.
- Vehicle entry is $15. Carpool if you can.
- Strollers are not permitted on either course.
- Dogs are not allowed the courses.