Saddleback Spring Classic Gran Fondo
Posted on 06/01/2017 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Saddleback Spring Classic Gran Fondo
56 days left.
Saturday, March 16, 2019Register Now!
Use the code “RaceGrader” for 10% OFF registration!
Come out and experience Orange County’s best bike ride! The Saddleback Spring Classic Gran Fondo has a ride distance for you no matter what your experience or fitness level may be. You’ll enjoy the best of what Orange County has to offer while “Pedaling to Cure Pediatric Cancer”. All participants will get an amazing finisher’s medal and event T-shirt to memorialize your day, with an option to upgrade to a one of a kind event cycling jersey.
With five routes to choose from, you can select the best course for your ability. All of the courses will provide you a day to remember with fully-stocked rest stops supplied with snacks, gels, bars, carbohydrate/electrolyte drinks and water to keep you fueled and energized.
Once back to the finish all participants will be treated to a post race meal and an ice cold brew. Did your ride work up a thirst? We’ll have an option to purchase an ice cold beer at the finish line too with all of the money going to the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation.
- 100-Mile Gran Fondo – Participants will really have the best of all courses with a trip through Santiago Canyon before traveling through Rancho Santa Margarita on their way to San Juan Capistrano and then a beautiful trip down the coast to San Clemente and the turnaround at San Onofre State Beach. This course has approximately 5100 feet of elevation.
- 50-Mile Gran Fondo – Participants will enjoy the same trip through Santiago Canyon as the 100-miler but make a turn onto the old 1984 Olympic Bike Course and travel around Mission Viejo before heading back to the finish. This course has approximately 3200 feet of elevation.
- Spring Classic Metric Half Century (35-Miles) – Participants will get to enjoy the amazing views of Saddleback Mountain while riding through Santiago Canyon with a quick turn for home; all of the glory with a shorter distance. This course has approximately 2300 feet of elevation.
- Easy Breezy 15 Mile – The perfect combination of flat and short, this course has less than 700 feet of elevation.
- Kids 1-mile Ride – Kids 5-10 years old can get a positive riding experience with this loop around Irvine Valley College. Get them started young on a healthy lifestyle with this fun event.
- Tiny Tike Bike Course – Just learning to ride? This is for kids with a push bike or training wheels. A fun closed course with twists and turns to build kids bike handling skills.
This year, Renegade Racing has partnered with the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (PCRF) to host this event as part of the Reaching for the Cure Run and Ride Weekend. A portion of each participant’s registration fee will go to help find a cure to pediatric cancer. Do you want to do even more for PCRF? Start a fundraising campaign and you can win amazing prizes!