Posted on 12/01/2022 by RaceGrader | Comments Off on Tough Mugu
111 days left.
Saturday, July 22, 2023Register Now!
Use the code “RG15” for 15% OFF registration!
PRESENTED BY SOCALTRAIL
A beastly trail run with the most epic views!!
This classic trail run offers competitive runners and outdoor lovers a chance to experience some of Southern California’s finest coastal mountain trail running courses.
Finisher medals, overall winners and age group awards are handcrafted by local artists, the shirts are soft, a sweet design, and fit specific to women and men, and you get official bragging rights for next year’s event.
Be part of the 5-mile event and watch the 25k runners start and finish while you head up the mountain on a fully-supported course.
Sip some coffee before the start, enjoy a hard-earned breakfast after the race, check out the post-race festival, or make runner friends in the beer garden while embellishing race stories. There’ll be plenty of breakfast and places to sit for everyone. Stick around for the awards ceremony honoring the toughest runners!
A great effort is made to support the community by partnering with local businesses, small businesses, and minority-owned businesses.
The Tough Mugu is the 2nd race of the Bulldog Challenge.
This event historically sells out…
Experience the beautiful Ray Miller Trail and it’s ocean views leading up to mountain vistas. Runners climb to the highest point on the trail to see Sycamore Canyon inland and the Pacific Ocean below, before dropping back onto the Ray Miller Trail for 2.6 miles of gracious switchbacks. This 5.3-mile course has roughly 1,000’ of vertical gain and loss.
The Overall Top 3 women and men receive locally made, beautiful art pieces commemorating the 2021 Tough Mugu 5-Mile.
Male and female Age Group podium places receive Beer Can Glass awards.
The Tough Mugu 25k course has all the elements of ideal, Southern California mountain running! Winding up from sea level, the famous Ray Miller Trail, leads the race above the coastline and onto mountain top fire roads, rolling valleys, and chaparral forest single track. Near the halfway point, the route around Mugu Peak rewards runners with epic views of the Channel Islands and Boney Mountain, before returning across the long valley. The final 5k cruises back down the Ray Miller switchbacks, determining who can finish strong.
The 25k course is equipped with four, fully-stocked aid stations and climbs a total of 2,601 feet.
$$ PRIZES & AWARDS
- $$ Prize Purse!!
- You don’t have to be an elite runner to take home the cash! Just be faster than everyone else.
- Winner takes all $500 cash prize for the fastest overall runners in the 2023 Tough Mugu (woman & man):
- Must be present at Awards Ceremony to collect.
- The Overall Top 3 women and men of the 5-mile and the 25k receive locally made, beautiful art pieces commemorating the 2023 Tough Mugu 25k.
- Male and female Age Group podium places receive Beer Can Glass awards.
THE FUN STUFF
- Finisher Medal hand-made by local artist
- Soft cotton Shirt or Tank for men or women (beach towesl available for sale)
- Tough Mugu Stickers
- Tough Mugu Scenic Postcard
- FREE Race Photos ready on Sunday
- Post-Race Sports Massage by Vision For Enrichment
- Beer Garden (21+)
- Delicious Runners’ Breakfast!!
More Race Deals
Rabbit Run & OC Challenge 5K
Santa Anita Derby Day 5K
Orange County Superhero 5K Run/Walk
L.A Tri Series #1 – Spring Spla...
Campagnolo GranFondo San Diego
Beach & Bay Half Marathon.10K.5K
Orange County Triathlon & Duathl...